Avocados are one of the most nutritious fruits with around 20 minerals and vitamins in them like healthy fats, folic acid, fiber, potassium, as well as vitamin B and E. This being said, they have potent medicinal properties. We decided to share the best ones in a list below.
The Healing Properties of Avocados
- Avocados can regulate the cholesterol because they are abundant in beta-sitosterol.
- The lutein and zeaxanthin, phytochemicals, in avocados possess antioxidant properties and lower the damage. The fat from avocados is known to better the absorption of other antioxidants so consuming them on a regular basis will significantly decrease the chance of macular degeneration.
- The vitamin K in avocados is known to better the health of the bones by lowering the urinary removal of calcium and by improving its absorption, which is highly beneficial in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- The phytochemicals in avocado have the power to stop the spread of cancerous cells and destroy them.
- When you eat avocados regularly, you will significantly minimize the risk of miscarriage and neural tube defects.
- The folic acid in avocados prevents depression by stopping the formation of homocysteine deposits. This substance is known to impede the transport of vitamins and minerals to the brain.
- Avocados are fruits that are rich in antimicrobial properties.
- The saponins present in avocado are known to alleviate osteoarthritis symptoms like pain in the knees.
How to Prevent the Browning of Avocados
Though we all love eating avocados because they are tasty and healthy, the issue is that they become brown rather quickly. But, you should not worry because there are effective tips that can help you prolong their ripeness.
What you need to do is put the two avocado halves into an airtight container with half inch pool of water with their inner part facing the water. Then, close the container and keep it in the fridge. The avocados will remain green for up to 72 hours.
What’s more, if you have prepared guacamole, but you have leftovers and you do not want it to go brown, transfer it in a proper container and pour a bit of lukewarm water over the sauce and close it. Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you consume it, remove any surplus water.
Tasty Guacamole Recipe
You will need:
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
½ tsp of sea salt
¼ cup of red onion, diced
A tbsp of olive oil
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
Blend the avocados in a food processor and then add the other ingredients and blend well until you get a homogeneous mixture. Serve it and enjoy…
BEST HEALTHY GUIDE