You have probably heard a lot about the health advantages of Epsom and Himalayan salt, but did you know that when combined, their power increases even more?
Soaking in a bath with these two salts is the ideal way to cleanse the whole body from toxins and improve your overall health and well-being.
The Benefits of Epsom Salt
This mineral compound is abundant in magnesium and sulfate and it originates from the Epsom town in Surrey in England. An Epsom salt detox bath will penetrate the skin and pull out the toxins, similarly to a magnet. The magnesium and sulfate will also nourish the skin and improve its quality. Magnesium is crucial for more than 300 biochemical responses in the body and various bodily processes.
The Benefits of Himalayan Salt
This is without doubt one of the cleanest salts which has been present since ancient times. It is easily affordable and if the crystals are larger, you should leave them to soak overnight so that they can dissolve adequately in the bath. Originating from the depths of the earth, this salt is abundant in minerals and nutrients which you cannot acquire solely by your diet.
The Advantages of Salt Baths
- Removal of toxins
- Leaves you refreshed and energized
- Balances the pH of the body
- Since it possesses antiseptic properties, it can treat eczema and psoriasis
- Alleviates sunburn and insect bites
- Relaxes the muscles and alleviates joint ache
- Reduces muscle pain and headaches associated with PMS
- Enhances the blood flow and betters the circulation
How to Prepare the Bath
You will need:
- Children under 60 lbs: ½ cup
- Individuals between 60-100 lbs: 1 cup
- Individuals between 100-150 lbs: 1½ cups
- Individuals between 150-200 lbs: 2 cups
- For every 50 lb more- an additional ½ cup of salts
For an even more effective salt bath experience, combine Epsom and Himalayan salt.
Important to note:
If you are pregnant or if you have open wounds, make sure you consult your physician before trying out this detox method.
HEALTHY FOOD STAR