In conventional medicine, antibiotics are the most commonly prescribed medications for a variety of health problems, especially against bacterial infections. Nonetheless, it appears that oregano oil may be more powerful than specific antibiotics because it does not have serious side effects.
Why Are Antibiotics Bad for Us?
Excessive use of antibiotics, that is, using them when they cannot help, can lead to a lot of health complications. For example, it can trigger the development of bugs resistant to antibiotics and kill the good bacteria that are necessary for digestion, protection from infections, as well as the production of vitamins.
The results from two studies showed that approximately 25 percent of the time doctors prescribe antibiotics is to treat viral infections and other similar problems in which these meds are of no help.
The Side Effects of Antibiotics
- Destruction of good bacteria
- Development of antibiotic resistance
- Damaged digestive lining that can cause leaky gut
- Reduced absorption of vitamin
The Benefits of Oregano Oil
This oil is the perfect natural replacement for antibiotics. It has 2 powerful compounds, that is, thymol and carvacrol with one-of-a-kind antifungal and antibacterial characteristics. Let’s check out some of its uses:
- To treat toenail fungus, apply some oregano oil onto the affected area twice per day
- To alleviate Candida overgrowth and yeast infections, use it together with probiotics and a ketogenic diet
- To treat allergies, bronchitis, and sinusitis, dilute some oregano oil in water and drink the mixture
- To use it as a natural antibiotic, blend it with some coconut oil or water and drink it
- To address ringworm and Athlete’s foot, massage the area with oregano and coconut oil
- It can be used against gingivitis as well; you just need to mix it with some coconut oil and swish it in the mouth for 15 minutes and then spit it out
The Benefits of Carvacrol
This is the main compound of oregano oil and more than 800 studies have shown its healing abilities. It can reduce or treat fungal and bacterial infections, parasites, inflammation, and tumors.
Important to Note:
- If you decide to consume it or use it topically, make sure to consult your physician first
- As it is very strong, do not take it for more than 14 days and when you take it orally, combine it with some water or coconut oil first
- Pregnant women should take it only if instructed by their physician, otherwise, they should opt for dried oregano herb instead
HEALTHY FOOD STAR