Are you in a hot environment? Do you do exercises or get nervous? Are you under stress or anxious about something? Well, you will probably sweat. Sweat is odourless – it only stinks or produces smell when a certain type of bacteria comes in contact and associates with the sweat.
Here are some remedies to fight your bad body odour:
- Bath – of course. Especially during summers if you sweat a lot. Then, three showers a day is advisable. You will feel fresh all day and your body odour will be reduced.
- White vinegar – mix water and white vinegar and put it under your armpits while taking a bath.
- Apple cider vinegar – mix it with water and use it as a deodorant. You will say bye-bye to the bad odour.
- Witch hazel – clean your underarm with it. It will destroy all bacteria which creates the odour.
- Powder – use baby powder or talcum powder to soak the sweat and prevent the odour.
- Wheatgrass – mix 500 mg of wheatgrass with a glass of water and apply it on your armpits.
- Apple – an apple a day keeps the doctor away? So as the bad body odour. The apple is a very rich source of zinc and helps in controlling the odour.
- Baking soda – it absorbs the moisture from the skin. Apply some under your armpits. It is also good for your shoes. Just put some in each of your shoes and you are set.
- Alcohol – wash your armpits with a mixture of alcohol and water. It will also reduce the sweat.
- Tea tree oil – wipe your underarms with it. It is a natural antiseptic, kills bacteria and prevents them to form again.
- Herbal deodorant – mix 5 drops of sage, 5 drops of coriander, 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 ounces of witch hazel. Use the mixture as a deodorant. Before usage, mix it well.
- Vitamin A & B – they are very helpful in preventing sweat and controlling the body odour.
- Honey – take 1 tablespoon of honey and add it to lukewarm water. Rinse yourself thoroughly with it after bathing.
- Hydrogen peroxide – take 8 ounces of water and add 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Wash your armpits with this mixture several times a day. It will dry the skin and no sweat will come. Hence, no odour.
- Antibacterial soap – use it when bathing and don’t forget to thoroughly rinse your armpits.
- Parsley – consume it on daily basis to eradicate the body odour.
- Rosewater – add rose petals or several drops of rose water to your bathtub. The rosewater is a long lasting fragrance.
18. Homemade deodorant – mix radish juice (about 2 dozen) in ¼ tablespoon of glycerine. Keep it in the fridge for longer use.
- Tamarind leaves and banana tree root powder – mix them in an equal amount. Apply it on your body before taking a bath.
- Homemade spray – add several drops of your favourite essential oil (orange, mint, rosemary, and grapefruit) in water. The oils are great and strong and will fight the odour.
- Alum – dissolve it in a bucket of water. Take a bath with this water, but rinse only body, not the hair.
- Curd and gram flour – mix gram flour and with curd to form crème. Apply it on your body and let it stay for 2 minutes. Thoroughly rinse your body with water.
- Tomato juice – some tomato juice in your bathtub is excellent in reducing the body odour.
- Milk -regularly drink milk. It will disguise the smell of garlic and onion.
- Gooseberry and ground betel leaves powder – take them in equal proportion and them well. The mixture should be applied on your body before taking the bath.
- Lemon juice and baking soda – mix them. Rub the mixture on your underarms and leave it for 2 minutes. Wash it off thoroughly and put 2-3 drops of tea tree oil on your armpits. This will leave your body odour-free.
- Mint – add mint in your bath and lay down in the water. Mint will destroy the odour and leave you with a fresh fragrance.
- Bael leaves and soap nut – mix them with soap nut and use the mixture as soap. This will diminish the odour and make your body odourless.
- Turnip juice – collect the juice from the turnip and apply it on your underarms.
- Lime juice – mix well water and lime juice in equal quantity. Do this for some time and see the differences.
- Tea – soak different tea bags in warm water and put your feet in it. An excellent trick for stinking feet.
- Cornstarch – sprinkle some on your feet or socks that you are going to wear. This will absorb the sweat and leave your legs sweat-free.
- White fish – consume it instead of red meat. White fish do not produce body odour.
Homeopathic remedies for body odour
Consuming sulphur also helps in destroying bacteria and thus you will not have problems with body odour. Also silicea – it is advisable to use it if you suffer from a really bad body odour.
How to avoid body odour?
- Quit smoking;
- Avoid garlic and onion;
- Wear loose clothes;
- Keep your feet clean and wash your feet with water twice a day;
- Wear washed clothes and socks;
- Eat spinach;
- Wear comfortable shoes and let your feet breathe. The circulation of air prevents the sweat;
- Avoid red meat.